10. Going underground: Concert at Mable Arch Caves UNESCO Global GeoPark
The area’s vibrant music and cultural scene will be highlighted at a concert on 12th September 2019 when our award-winning musicians and talented performers will come together for a one-off special showcase underground concert within the caverns of the Marble Arch Caves to play to an audience from the local area.
- Cathal McConnell is a renowned musician and singer and a founder member of The Boys of the Lough which he started over 45 years ago.
- The Tumbling Paddies is a group of young award-winning traditional musicians and rising stars.
- Shauneen Maguire is a harpist with a great talent and is our youngest performer.
- Seamas McCanny is a well-known local master story teller and historian who has been spinning great yarns for many years.
- Brothers Neil and Gary Thornton uphold the marching band tradition of the area and will play a medley of songs on flute and muffled drum.
- The Owens Family are well known singers and musicians who have been performing together since childhood.
- Simon and Maria O’Dwyer of Ancient Music Ireland makes and plays prehistoric musical instruments. They will play early medieval music on their reproductions of the 7thCentury Coolnashanton Horn found in Upper Lough Erne close to Bellanaleck.